how do you get to the golfo dulce lodge?
The Dulce Lodge is surrounded by the undisturbed primary lowland rainforest of the Piedras Blancas National Park, an extension of the Corcovado National Park and the clear waters of the Golfo Dulce.
The remote lodge at Playa San Josecito is only accessible by a boat ride of about 30 minutes either from Golfito or Puerto Jimenez.
There are several options for transportation to reach the remote Golfo Dulce Lodge.
- Domestic airlines SANSA or Nature Air offer various daily flights from San Jose to Golfito or to Puerto Jimenez; flight time 45 to 50 minutes. For those arriving by plane, there will be a taxi waiting for you at the airport.
- You can arrange air transportation yourself or through any travel agency.. For itineraries and direct reservation please consult www.flysansa.com or www.natureair.com.
- Please note that SANSA Airline leaves from their domestic terminal close to the International Airport whereas Nature Air uses the Tobias Bolaños Airport in Pavas which is closer to San Jose.
- Both airlines have a baggage restriction of 25 lbs / 12 kilos per person.
- Rental Car (driving time from San Jose to Golfito approx. 7 hours).
- Safe parking of the car is possible at the Restaurant Samoa del Sur, Golfito (Tel. 2775-0233) at a daily rate of US$ 10.— at clients expense. Please pay the parking fee directly at the Samoa prior leaving Golfito to the lodge site by boat.
- Daily Public Bus Transport (Tracopa) San Jose to Golfito; traveling time about 8 hours;
- After arrival in Golfito please proceed by taxi to our meeting point, the Restaurant Samoa del Sur.
Meeting points for the boat transfer to the lodge (boat ride about 30 minutes):
- Golfito: Restaurant Samoa del Sur
- Puerto Jimenez: landing stage of the public harbor
For the boat transfer to the lodge the luggage is limited to 25 lbs / 12 kilos per person. Those clients arriving with a rented car can leave their excess luggage in the car or in a storage room of the Restaurant Samoa del Sur.